Why You’re Reading This Document
The purpose of this release and waiver (the “Waiver”) is to openly communicate the risks of practicing yoga, pilates, or other forms of movement together, either in person or online, and have you release LiveMetta of any liability. Please be aware that if you do not sign this Waiver and agree to its terms, you will not be permitted to participate in any classes.
If you are under the Age of Majority in the State of California (18 years old), your legal guardian must also sign this Waiver on your behalf.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY, UNDERSTAND FULLY, AND ASK QUESTIONS IF ANYTHING IS UNCLEAR. WE ARE HERE TO SUPPORT YOU. MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND THIS WAIVER. BY SIGNING THIS YOU AGREE YOU ARE SIGNING AWAY YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ALL THE TERMS OF THIS WAIVER.
- Parties. We will refer to Soar Fitness LLC DBA LiveMetta, a Limited Liability Company based in the State of California, as “LiveMetta”, “us” or “we” or “our”, and we’ll refer to you, the undersigned (electronically or by hand) or person who has clicked “I Agree” to this Waiver, as “you” or “your”.
- The Activities. You may participate, in person or online, in yoga or pilates and exercise classes, sessions, workshops and more with LiveMetta. We offer levels of fitness based yoga and pilates classes, all of which may involve but are not limited to the following (“Activities”):
- Training in the form of yoga or Pilates positions, fitness exercises, body weight exercises, use of yoga or Pilates equipment for resistance exercises, strength exercises, mobility, range of motion exercises, breathing and stretching exercises.
- The constant in all of these classes is that the Activities involve moving in full ranges of motion, strength training, and postural training. The Activities may involve receiving adjustments from instructors, so please advise in advance if you do not want adjustments.
- The Activities also apply to any classes made available for online streaming and participation, both live or recorded, or that take place outside of LiveMetta’s facilities. We need you to acknowledge that you are responsible for the safe facilitation of the Activities happening outside of our facilities.
- Equipment. In the course of the Activities, you will use a variety of equipment, which may include but is not limited to: straps, mats, reformer, chair, tower, rings, resistance bands, cadillac, barrels, Gyrotonic pulley towers, Gyrotonic ladder, magic circle, spinal corrector, stability and rotational discs, balance pods, dumbbells, foam rollers, massage balls (the “Equipment”). Please do not use any equipment not instructed by LiveMetta.
- Inherent Risks. You understand that participating in the Activities poses inherent risks, some more obvious/serious than others. These risks can result in serious harm and injuries that could change your quality of life and, in very rare and extreme circumstances, may even result in death.
- Injuries include but are not limited to things like muscle tears, strains, rhabdomyolysis and other musculoskeletal injuries, sprains, fractures, broken bones, cardiovascular complications, high blood pressure, dehydration, dizziness, fainting, and hearing loss.
- Exposure to and contraction of communicable diseases passed on via other participants and use of shared space, surfaces, or Equipment.
- Additional risks of Activities for pregnant or post-natal women to the health of your fetus and your body, including but not limited to pregnancy loss, low birth weight, early delivery and postpartum complications.
- Additional risks posed by participating in the Activities online, as there is no in-person supervision or space provided for you, and you will therefore need to ensure the safety of the Activities, using your judgment how to best practice them, not pushing yourself too far or attempting anything you feel unsure how to perform.
- Other risks posed for Activities performed outdoors, such as tripping or collision with human or natural elements, sun exposure, dehydration, insects, exposure to infections, diseases, pollutants and other environmental factors. You understand and agree it is your responsibility to ensure a safe space/environment to perform the Activities.
- Affirmation of Health. By participating in any Activities with LiveMetta, you affirm that you have sought medical advice regarding your fitness or are certain of your ability to practice advanced level yoga and/or pilates. If you have any pre-existing medical conditions (e.g. asthma, diabetes, heart disease), physical injuries, weakness, are pregnant, post-natal or post-surgery, you should consult with your doctor first before engaging in the Activities. Please communicate and inform us IMMEDIATELY if at any point you do not feel well during the Activities.
- Infectious Disease. If at any point within 14 days prior to participating in any of the Activities, you have suffered from symptoms of a communicable disease (including but not limited to fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, or sore throat), been in close contact with someone with a known or suspected case or in a hot spot area, or else are uncertain of your health or risk of transmission, you agree not to join or participate in the Activities and you should consult with your doctor. You agree to comply with all measures and policies implemented by LiveMetta and applicable public health guidelines as updated, including but not limited to wearing masks, personal hygiene and social distancing, and allowing your temperature to be checked before arriving to class.
- Voluntary Assumption of Risk. You have read this Waiver and understand the risks of participating in the Activities with LiveMetta. Your signature below, electronic signature or clicking ‘I Agree’, and your participation in the classes with LiveMetta illustrates your voluntary engagement and assumption of the risks of the Activities.
- Release, Waiver and Indemnity. You hereby release, hold harmless, indemnify and waive any claims against Rencana LLC, its members, directors, officers, contractors, employees, volunteers, agents, executors, administrators, successors, family members and assigns (the “Released Parties”) from any liability and damages arising from death or personal injuries, including the contraction of communicable diseases or related to premises liability, however caused including as a result of LiveMetta’s negligence, during your participation in the Activities with LiveMetta. You are releasing the Released Parties at your own risk and you agree to forfeit any and all forms of legal recourse which may be available to you, including but not limited to any form of damages, as a result of your participation in the Activities. You agree that these provisions above apply to you, your family, heirs, executors or anyone else who may be able to bring a legal action on your behalf in the future.
- Media Release. We think you’re awesome and want to show you off! By participating in the Activities at LiveMetta, you agree to grant us the irrevocable right to use your image, likeness, photos, video content, audio recordings captured of you on the premises or that you share with us online (via your own or others posting of you) as part of our online streaming, marketing and sales throughout the world and in perpetuity. You also release us from all claims you may have relating to such use. Please let us know If you ever want us to stop using an image of you.
- Continued Agreement. Agreement to this Waiver will act as your continued agreement to all ensuing classes, sessions and/or workshops whether in person, online, or via video conferencing tool.
- Valuables. You agree that we are not responsible for the loss or damage of any personal property you bring or leave with LiveMetta.
- General Legal Provisions. Choice of Laws and Venue. This Waiver will be governed exclusively by the laws of the State of California. The parties agree to irrevocably submit all claims to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of California. Severability. If any provisions of this Waiver are invalid or unenforceable, the other provisions in the Waiver will remain in full force and effect. Entire Agreement. This Waiver constitutes the entire agreement between the parties and replaces any prior agreements. Headings. The headings used in this Waiver are for stylistic purposes only and none of the content in the headings are intended to be legally binding. Online Agreement. We agree that this Waiver may be signed electronically, by filling out an electronic form or agreed to by having you click “I Agree”, the effect of which will be the same as signing by hand and the intention of which is that both parties desire to be bound by all the terms of this Waiver.
You agree that you have read this Waiver and fully understand its contents and voluntarily agree to be bound to all of its terms. Thank you for communicating honestly with us. We look forward to enjoying yoga and/or pilates together!
LiveMetta Studio Polices
Cancellation Policy – 12 Hours: All reservations must be changed or modified with 12 hours notice. Cancellations with less than 12 hours notice / no shows will be penalized. Package members lose the session they had booked. Unlimited (monthly or 14 day trial) members will be charged $15 per occurrence. If a card cannot be charged, 1 day (& corresponding reservation, if applicable) will be deducted from the member’s plan.
Grip Socks: Grip Socks are required for all classes.
Refund Policy: All sales are final. Refunds & exchanges are not allowed because of member’s failure to use the studio or to notify LiveMetta of intent to cancel. If, by reason of death or disability, or a move farther than 25 miles from LiveMetta, the Member agreeing to receive services is unable to receive all services for which Member has contracted, Member and Member’s estate shall be relieved from the obligation of making payment for services other than those received prior to death or the onset of disability or prior to the move, and that if Member has prepaid any sum for services, so much of such sum as is allocable to services Member has not taken shall be promptly refunded to Member or Member’s representative.
Package Expiration: Packages expire & must be used prior to expiration.
Auto Renewing Plans: The following terms apply if a member signs up for an automatically renewing plan. Automatically renewing plans require minimum terms and charge a customer’s card automatically when the plan is set to renew. Auto-renewing plans will continue until a member provides written notice of intent to cancel.
10 Minute Rule: If Member is not present 10 minutes after class starts, Member will be marked as no show & Member’s spot may be given away.
Instructor Changes: The studio reserves the right to make last minute instructor changes.
Children and Pets: Children & pets are not allowed in the studio during class times.
Online Schedule System: All class reservations & cancelations must be made via the online schedule system. LiveMetta will not be held responsible for accidental client bookings or client double bookings. Late cancel / no show fees apply if Member does not cancel within the bounds of the cancellation policy for double bookings.